National number: 0861 644 728 | Cape Town: Tel: +27 (021) 419 0934 | Johannesburg: +27 (011) 593 3102

Nandutu: Court case summary and Directive Change of condition from a Visitor visa (Section 11(1) to a Spousal Visa in terms of section 11(6) inside South Africa, is now permitted following the court case Nandutu v The Minister of Home Affairs. 

For the full judgement see . The section of the Immigration Act of 2002 governing the changes to visas inside the country, has been declared unconstitutional. Asylum and refugee permit holders changing to temporary residence visas inside South Africa, without a passport: Following a Constitutional Court decision in Ahmed v The Minister of Home Affairs, asylum and refugee permit holders may change to a temporary residence visas inside South Africa, without a passport. Persons wanting to follow this route will first be required to submit a waiver request to the Minister, which they are entitled to do in terms of this ruling, and they will then be able to apply for any temporary residence visa for which they qualify. 


Offered by

Best wishes Leon Isaacson, CEO, Global Migration Group